Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Things I'm up to

OK, I'm back to work.  Got swamped by administrative stuff yesterday, back to revising that sectoral reallocation paper today.  Talking about renewing my contract, got some very interesting feedback.  Also planning a trip to England to meet someone very interesting.  I feel like I know a lot more about myself after meeting this person, though too much optimism can be a dangerous thing.  More on that in the future, though, hehehe.

Watch this old bloggingheads with Tyler Cowen and Will Wilkinson to get a sense of what we've been talking about.

I actually like going to work.  My colleagues are generally nice, very intelligent, and interesting, and it's nice to have human interaction.  It's also nice to be forced to wear pants.

That said, I like my nice quiet office.  When I write or do code, it's best to be in a quiet place with some background music.  So long as I have my 'happy place' I'm happy.

It would be nice if the sun came out though.  I think I need to arrange that appointment to get some vitamin D.

No comments: